Same-sex Marriage In The USA - A Christians' Reaction/Opinion

I am a Christian.

A God-Loving, People-Respecting Christian.

That means that the love I have for this beautiful God pushes me to love and respect other humans regardless of who they choose to love and/or marry. The U.S government has made a choice to allow same-sex marriage despite the fact that it is against the bible. This affects everyone no, matter what country you live in or what religion you choose to follow, it affects us all. Do I as a Christian support this movement? Absolutely not. Am I going to rally up my forces and attack these people? No.

The bible that I read encourages me to love and to spread love. That means that even in correcting people of their sins I am to show them that God is waiting for them with arms stretched out to repent. The truth is that same-sex relationships are sins. But an even greater truth is that God is love. That means that no matter the depth or strength of your sin, His love will never forsake you and it is so powerful that it surpasses all human comprehension.

Speaking of depth or weight of one’s sin, let us not forget that the bible states that no man is without sin. I am not asking if you sin or proposing that you sin too. It is a fact my fellow Christian. We are all sinners who have fallen short of the Glory of our magnificent Christ. Yet He chooses to love us. So who are we not to spread this love He has graciously gifted us with? This same bible that you filter and sieve to fit your liking in order for you not to come to terms with your own flaws, states that all sins are equal to Christ except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So before you point a finger and tell gay couples how much God hates them, take a good look at your own sin.

I write this not to attract or provoke the anger of Christians out there who are strongly opposed to same-sex tendencies and relationships, nor to say that all Christians exhibit the behavioral characteristics suggested in this piece, but to simply propose a friendly reminder that God would not condone you bashing and shaming other people based on their sins.

To the gay/lesbians out there, my God loves you just the way you are and cannot wait for you to come back to him. He is rooting for you and so am I.

0 comments: